Friday, December 30, 2011

Trip to Town.

Liverpool was quite boring, so Luci and I begged for Dad to drive us to London. Come on, designer clothes (which I'm not quite a fan of, but I they have a hear TopShop there, and they sell the most awesome clothes for the modern era), the London Eye, which I've been dying to go on ever since Dad told us we were going to England, and London is a beautiful place to take pictures of. It looks old-ish so my film camera would fit in perfectly.

So after a few hours of begging & bawling, Dad gave up, and told us we would leave at 4:00. That left me three hours in a run-down hotel. Yipee. Now what to do, what to do.... well what's better than messing up a hotel room and making the maids clean it up? Nothing! I don't usually do stuff like this, and I'm really not a troublemaker, but imagine yourself bored, alone, and hungry in a beat-up hotel room. It's not like anyone would notice anyways, it's beat-up already.

The procedure was quite simple. I got a bucket (don't even ask where I got it...) and filled it with water. I poured the water all over the room. Next, I got the pillows, and took them out of their shams. Then, with the help of Luci, whom I had to wake up to help me, I knocked over the coffee table. After a few more silly pranks and whatnot, Dad knocked.  That was already three hours? It felt like a half-hour! I opened the door as Luci pretended she was napping on the couch. Dad gave me a looooongggg speech about how I need to be responsible, and then he laughed and told me that I did a wonderful job of messing up the room. I thanked him, kissed him on the cheek, and woke up Luci.

By now, it was 4:14, and we were on the road to London. We used a rented car, but I don't even know how we're going to bring it back to Liverpool, because our next flight to Italy is tomorrow. Details, details. Our car ride took at least five hours, or at least it felt like that. It was really boring, and all I could do was jam to my iPod. Here's my playlist:

Toxic - Britney Spears (The pre-pop oldies are definitely 'in' again)
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee (I haven't updated my playlist since before Chrismas)
Rumor Has It - Adele (Gotta get my Adele on if I'm in England!)
Thoughts of Flight - Edmund (Epicalness in a song.)
Oh, Look What the Sun Did - Josh Rouse & the Long Vacations (Wow, that's a long title.)

Yeah, pretty awesome stuff. But I had to replay all of them in the car because I didn't have enough songs, so I'm kinda sick of them. :/ But hey, we're in London now, and we can finally have fun.

Ciao for now, Olivia

No comments: